Due to the generosity of our donors through our Annual Gift to Education Program, the Foundation has established grants for both educators and students. These grants provide experiences that enrich and enhance the education of Spencer Schools’ students.
Educator Grants: The Foundation has worked closely with Spencer educators to provide enriching experiences as well as classroom equipment and resources. Applications for the Gift to Education Grants are submitted to teacher committees at each educational level.
-----> Gift to Education Application (pdf) Gift to Education (Word)
Student Grants: The Foundation also provides grants to students for educational opportunities. Applications for these grants are submitted to building principals and then to the Foundation Board of Directors.
------> Student Grant Application (pdf) Student Grant Application (Word)
2015-2016 Gift to Education Grants Awarded
This past year, due to our generous donors, the following projects were funded by the Foundation Gift to Education program:
- Equipment & supplies for high school Metal Technology program
- Cultural puppets for elementary students
- Student conferences and academic camp experiences
- NASA Space Design Competition – sent 5 students
- Several guest speakers, including authors and artists
- Writers’ Workshops
- Equipment for learning enhancement in elementary classrooms
- Supplies for Tiger Mentoring program at the middle school
- Teacher training for specialized classes
- Opportunities and experiences for students at Lakeside Lab
- and many other enhancement and enrichment projects